Saturday, April 16, 2011

Stanza


Definition: a paragraph in a poem.

Example:

(STANZA ONE)
You magnify my happiness
When I am feeling glad;
You help to heal my injured heart
Whenever I am sad.

(STANZA TWO)
You’re such a pleasure in my life;
I hope that you can see
How meaningful your friendship is;
You’re a total joy to me.

Significance: Stanza helps us to figure out where people are talking in the poem when we have discussions. Like for example, if we needed to find line two, stanza two, it would be easier to locate where it is just by saying stanza two. Then, the people who were looking for line two in stanza two to locate it easier. Also, it helps for poets to not combine everything in a poem together, but to separate it so that it’ll be easier to read and it’d look nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment